When I left work for Christmas vacation, everyone was saying goodbye, like it would be a long time before we saw each other again. I jokingly said, "Really, guys we're only going to be gone for a week and a half."
But a lot can happen in week and a half. And I thought, what if I did come back a different person (in a good way).
Here are my goals.
1. Inner Peace
2. Get down to 139.2
3. Run a mile without stopping
4. Learn Python programming language
5. Eat vegetables every day.
1. How does one define inner peace. It is different things for different people. For me, it is a relationship with God and doing something with my life to make someone else's life easier. It's also being thankful to God for the things that I have and not focus on the things I don't have.
I am going to start this one (the helping others part) close to home (like in my home).
Today, I made sure I told my mother how thankful I was for her Christmas gift and the birthday gift she got me a year or two ago. I made sure that I told my husband how much I appreciated him taking me to the museum and lunch today. I washed clothes and I try to step into his world to learn more about his job. Tomorrow I am going to let my sister choose the movie, though I am not crazy about it. And I washed clothes today.
2. I didn't weigh today because I ate so much on Christmas. I did pretty good with eating. I had oatmeal and a Steak Salad for dinner. Hopefully the Steak Salad didnt have more than 1200 calories.
3. I ran 8 minutes 15 seconds without stopping. I hope to get at least to nine tomorrow.
4. Haven't done anything with this today. I'll try to do a little tonight.
5. I had lettuce with and tomatoes with my steak salad.